80 Track Oval in the Philippines
Article Revised several times over the last 8 Years. By Andrew Pirie and Nonnie Lopez.
Pinoyathletics.info Needs Your Help!
In Updating our List of Athletics Track Oval in the Philippines Pinoyathletics
You can either
- Comment on the Facebook Thread
- Comment on this Webpage
- Could you email us at email@example.com?
With Athletics Track Oval in the Philippines, we would appreciate the Following Information.
- Athletics Track Oval in the Philippines are not included here
- If Track Ovals in the Philippines are closed
- Opening Hours of Track Oval in the Philippines
- Better Photos for Display
- History or background On track Oval in the Philippines
Would you mind following These two Links to check our Database
78 Fun Athletics Track Oval in the Philippines, guaranteed for your running needs
The article, original article, and revisions by Andrew Pirie
Athletics Track Synopsis
- The First edition of this publication was published on Facebook on January 21, 2011.
- Hence in 2012, it moved to pinoymiler, then pinoyathletics.com, then pinoyathletics.info.
- Attached is what is fast becoming a very comprehensive list of Track ovals in the Philippines.
- This link was the most read article on pinoymiler.
- Also, I have recently revised and updated this list again.
- While having been provided knowledge about other rubberized tracks in the Philippines via my local contacts. Likewise, please feel free to contribute if I have left mention of out.
- Also, please send all updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First of all, the surfaces in the Philippines Athletics Track are made of Tartan rubber.
- Ones made out of dirt, such as the one at Quezon Province, have
- been removed as well as ones of grass such as Davao.
- Also, irregular ovals made of Tartan, such as Quezon City Amoranto Sports Complex, have been included for the time being. However, and can argue that the Phil Sports Track oval possibly is 397m. Therefore, it is also considered irregular. In addition, six-lane tracks such as Green Hills and Marikina have also been included.
- Opening Hours to the track serve as a rough guide and are likely to change due to scheduling.
- Pinoyathletics.info will not be liable for any false information.
- Therefore we advise you to contact or inquire with the track ovals admin before making any decisions.
- Please note that the Pinoymiler.com edition I worked on a long time ago is now very outdated.
Types of Surface
Tartan – First used at 1968 Mexico Olympic Games, manufactured by 3M!, Best spikes to use are 6mm pyramid, made of polyurethane.
List of Track Ovals in the Philippines
Care of Nonnie Lopez PSC
LUZON TRACK OVALS
1) Isabella Sports Complex, Alibagu City, Ilagan
Held the 2017 and 2019 SEA Youth Championships in Athletics
2) City of Ilagan Sports Complex. The San Vicente City of Ilagan.
3) Cagayan Sports Complex, Oval Tuguegarao
Has the most complete set of sports equipment in the country. Hurdles, Throwing equipment, and jump areas.
4) Laoag, Ilocos Norte: Ferdinand Marcos Stadium BEING RENOVATED 2022
(rubberized, renovated 2005) (Photo Credits, Bondurant, skyscrapercity.com)
5) Abra, Bangued
6) Quirino Stadium, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
7) Baguio, Teachers Camp (Tartan)
This track is at altitude (Photo Credit: The Bullrunner.com relaid with the seamless synthetic way in 2009 April. Has extensive cracks traditionally used as the alternate training venue of the national team. And base of Gintong Alay in 1980s.
8) Baguio Dirt Bowl
Formally dirt oval now rubberized. Use for the 2021 Ayala Athletics Championships.
CENTRAL LUZON TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
9) DMMMSU Track Oval, La Union
About 15 minutes from San Fernando City
10 San Carlos Vila Milgros University Foundation, Track Oval Pangasinan Province
11) Lingayen, Pangasinan Province: Don Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Centre, (tartan)
(Photo Credits: Unknown). The Stadium is named after Don Narciso Ramos, the late father of former President Fidel Ramos. Narcisco was a lawyer, journalist, assemblyman, and ambassador. Has held Palarong Pambansa, National Championships Athletics, and Philippine National Games.
12) Nueva Ecija Complex, Palayan City, Nueva Ecija
The Palayan City Sports complex is one of the most modern sports facilities in the country. Its track and field oval is rubberized and one of the few in the country.
The track oval of Nueva Ecija Sports Complex, Palayan City, was constructed using Spartan BV Surfacing Materials that ensure excellent all-weather performance and spike resistance.
This unique automated installation creates a smoother seamless finish, polyurethane micro-foam layer that provides energy return to the athlete for premium speed and comfort. All were designed and manufactured by Sports Technology Australia and were approved by the IAAF guidelines.
13) Tarlac: Recreational Park renamed Jose V. Yap Sports and Recreational Complex (Photo Credit: Ischoolssparan) Tarlac State University
14) Clark Olympic City /New Clark City
Built for the 2019 SEA Games, it seats 20,000 People.
15) Marcello High School Malolos, Bulacan
16) Bulacan: Philippine Arena
Seating 50,000, twice more extensive than the most prominent existing seating dome, 35,000 more than the SmartAraneta Coliseum, and 30,000 more than the Mall of Asia Arena. It is the largest domed arena in the world.
***) Mecauyan, Bulacan (5 lane)
17) Pampanga, Bren Z. Guiao San Fernando
Damaged by Eruption of Mt. Pinatubo (Photo Credits mabuhayonline.com) Holds 10,000 People
18) Subic Track Oval Olongapo
Olongapo 6 lanes 300m track?)
19) Zambales Sports Complex, Iba Zambales
20) Dinalupihan (6 lanes bataan)
21) Apuyao (Cagayan Valley)
METRO MANILA TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
22) Marikina Sports Centre
(formally Marikina Park est. 1969 (6 lanes upgraded back to 8 streets in 2014) Opening Hours: 5 am to 7 pm
23) Taguig City, International School, Fort Bonifacio (tartan)
24) La Salle Green Hills Track Oval
(6 lanes) irregular its around 375m training track (Photo Anyaang sempa fi)
25) Quezon City, Amoranto Sports Complex
(partially demolished and irregular). Holds 15,000
26) Ateneo Track Oval. Blue Oval
Eight lanes. 40om track.
27) Police Track Oval Cubao
(irregular, four lanes)
28) Pasig, Philsports Arena or Philippine Institute of Sports( formerly the University of Life or Ultra)
Philsports Complex, formerly known as Pasig Ultra currently closed to the public as it under renovation and in
November will become the only Mondo surface in the Philippines
Opening 5 am to 9 pm
Holds 15,000 People
29) Rizal High School Pasig (Tartan)
30) Rizal Memorial Track and Football Stadium, Manila (infield demolished) (Tartan)
Opening Hours 5 am to 9 pm
Seating Capacity: 12,000 (originally built in 1934 for 30,000)
Rizal Memorial Stadium in Malate, Manila, when it had an infield. The grounds used to be the Manila
Showgrounds in the early 1900s. Over the years, the Stadium has hosted the 2003 Asian Track and Field
Champ, Asian Grand Prix, 2005 SEA Games. But these days is the home to the Azkals (Filipino Football Team) (closed to the public).
Past sporting events that have been held here in the past include:
- 1934 Far Eastern Championship Games
- 1954 Asian Games
- 1981 Southeast Asian Games
- 1991 Southeast Asian Games
- 2005 Southeast Asian Games
- 2005 ASEAN ParaGames
- 2006 Asian Women’s Volleyball Club Championships
And the Beatles played three shows here in 1966 on their final world tour.
31) University of Makati Track Oval
32) DLSU Araneta (4 lanes)
CALABARZON TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
34) San Jose High School Montalban Rizal
35) Binan Track Oval Laguna
36) Santa Cruz Laguna Track Oval
37) Malayan Colleges, Laguna Cabuyao, Laguna (rubber)
38) Brent International School, Mamplasan, Binan, Laguna (rubber)
39) Vermosa, Imus, Cavite (9 lanes)
40) Imus, Cavite
41) Tagaytay Track Oval
43) DLSU Dasmarinas, Cavite (rubber)
44) Sisters of Mary of Banneaux, Trece Martires (maybe 9 lanes)
45) Lipa Batangas (sports academy?)
BICOL REGION TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
46) Pacol Sports Complex, Naga City, Camarines Sur Bicol
(pictured below, rumored to be under-sized)
47) Freedom Sports Complex, Pili, Camarines Sur this oval sir is damaged due to oldness
49) Oriental Mindoro – Calapan
50) Occidental Mindoro – Sablayan
51) Puerto Princessa, Palawan
52) Brooke’s Point, Palawan
MINDANAO AND VISAYAS TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
VISAYAS TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES)
53) Binriyan, Sports Complex, San Jose Antique Province
54) Aklan Kalibo Track Oval(Rubber)
55) Villareal Stadium – Roxas City, Capiz
56) San Jose BiniryanTrack Oval, Panay Island (Rubber)
57) Iloilo Sports Complex, Iloilo (photo below)
Holds 10,000 People
58) Bacolod City, aka. Pannaad Park (Regupol -Rubber)
The 20-hectare Negros Occidental Sports and Recreational Park, in Brgy. Mansilingan is located east of the city and is surrounded by eucalyptus trees. Also called the Panaad Park and Stadium, it hosted the April 1998 Centennial Palaro. The main stadium seats 15,000 people. In addition, the complex has a rubberized Regupol (imported from Germany) track oval, tennis courts, and an Olympic-size swimming pool with a touchpad, electronic timer, and camera track. The Oval hosted the 1st Philippine National Games in 2011.
59) Leyte Sports Academy Tacloban City, Eastern Samar, Eastern Visayas
60) Ormoc City Track Oval
61) Cebu City track oval
Was relaid in 2012 for PRISAA National Games.
62) Oval Grounds, City of Naga Cebu Track Oval, Cebu
(Rubberized last November)
63) Central Technical University, Danao City, Cebu
65) Dumaguete Track Oval
(9 lanes right around the track oval, probably the only one in the Philippines along with Vermosa). The track oval hosted the 2nd Philippine National Games 2012.
MINDANAO TRACK OVALS IN THE PHILIPPINES
66) Surigao City Track Oval, SDN
67) Siargao Sports Complex, Surigao
68) Agusan Del Norte – Butuan City Poly Sports
NEW) Agusan Del Sur, Prosperidad
69) Camiguin Island Track Oval, Mambajao
(photo not available)
70) Tagum, Davao Del Norte
71) University of Mindanao Track Oval, Davao City
72) University of the Philippines, Davao City
73) Ateneo De Davao Track Oval (300m only, 4 lanes round, 8 lanes 100m)
74) Koronadal City Track Oval
75) General Santos City
76) Oroquieta City Track Oval, Misamis Occidental
77) Tangub City, Track Oval, Misamis Occidental
78) Mindanao Civic Centre, Lanao Del Norte, Tubod
79) Xavier Sports Centre, Cagayan De Oro City
80) Pelaez Track Oval Cagayan De Oro City,
Rubber has worn completely off.
81) Dapitan City Track Oval, Zamboanga (Damaged)
82) Zamboanga City Track Oval
83) Zamboanga Sports Academy, Dao, Zamboanga Del Sur
( 8 lanes)
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Andrew was elected Vice President of the Association of Track and Field Statisticians in 2020 after being a member for 7 years.
He has worked as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant from 2013-2015, Consultant, and Sprint Coach at Zamboanga Sports Academy from 2015-2017.
Current editor and chief of Pinoyathletics.info, and has recently done consultancy work for Ayala Corp evaluating the Track and Field Program.
Coaches Sprints, Middle and Jump events he is working towards his Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
He can be contacted on email@example.com
You can find more information on Coaching here