Philippines NCAA Athletics Records
Philippines NCAA Athletics Records 2018 Report
I’m guessing the organizers use an old copy of my lists for the NCAA Records in their official results. Here is a more updated work with some corrections.
Let’s note in the Boys Division, we should now refer to or call this the Under 21 Division, cause athletes who are up to 20 years old are now joining.
And Junior by IAAF definition is under 20 or 19 years and under, and also it is their age on Dec 31 not their age on the day that determines if they are Juniors.
We may also have to start keeping dates of birth of athletes to avoid any future confusion if the age rules change again.
Due to having more older athletes in the younger age category.
Consequently more NCAA Records fell. In the Juniors, all records except 100, 200, 400, 110H, Long Jump, Shotput Discus and Javelin fell. So 10 of 18 records went in Boys.
While in College 2 records were broken and one tied.
Corpuz broke a record with 41.46m. Galleon timed 21.93 which is now shared with Jomar Udtohan and Archand Bagsit who had no wind reading electronic and hand-timed marks.
Cordero of JRU tied a very old meet record held by Esmeraldo Pachecho of Mapua in 2003.
This is still considered a work in progress any additional information is welcome. please email results to [email protected]
Compiled by ATFS Statistician Andrew Pirie, previously in charge of Records and Publication as well as Statistician in the 90th NCAA Athletic Championships Philippines NCAA Records Men’s.
Several Notes in regards to the list
- For sprint races, I have included better hand time.
- Better electronic time with no wind-reading
- And electronic time with a wind gauge.
- Also as the UAAP timing fluctuates from year to year with some years no wind gauge. Hence some years no electronic timing its best to compare meets to one another which are operating with the same conditions in terms of timing.
- Also in Events over 800m, better hand-timing is deemed replaceable to electronic timing if the time is .14 faster than the electronic equivalent.
- .While In the case of two athletes having the same mark the record is awarded to the athlete who set the mark first and the other mark is not included in the list of records.
This list should be considered a revised work in progress.
As I do not have access to a full set of NCAA Records from every NCAA meet.
Hence I urge the athletic community to provide me with information as stated below to help me with this project.
Also, all the records provided are correct official results from the NCAA. And the proof in the form of official results must be provided to verify claims.
Also please post any corrections, additions, and queries to [email protected] or comment on this page