Palarong Pambansa Records Athletics
Compiled by ATFS Vice President
Please note there are a lot of errors in record keeping on the DEPED official website of Palarong Pambansa Records. Any additional corrections on Palarong Pambansa records appreciated to [email protected]
Palarong Pambansa Athletics Records
Some interesting stats about Palaro Athletic Records
- The oldest record was set by Arthur Enon in 1990. With 7.26kg, secondary boys shot-put mainly because this is the men’s weight. And this weight is not used anymore now boys are using 6kg.
- In Elementary boys, the oldest Palarong Pambansa records were both set by Western Mindanao, now the Zamboanga Peninsula. In both relays, 4×100 and 4×400 at the 1997 Palaro.
- In Elementary Girls, the oldest record is Rufia Tapsin of Western Mindanao’s time of 59.5 in 400 in 1996.
- The most number of records in elementary is held is Sajipa Bassal of Western Mindanao, who holds the elementary boys 110H, 400H, and 400 in 1998 as well as the year before being part of the Western Mindanao 4×100.
- In Secondary Girls Meagey Ninura 1500 and 3000 in 2017.
Please note none of the elementary boy’s record-holders for Palarong Pambansa moved on to win a SEA Games medal, let alone qualify for any SEA Games.
The same can be said for elementary girls. While a few of these athletes, such as De Josef and Schrijvers. And De Oro represented the country in age-grade meets.
In the boy’s secondary, Patrick Unso moved on to becoming a SEA Games bronze medalist. And break the national record at the 2015 SEA Games in Singapore.
While Udtohan, Capangpangan, Fuentes, Soqueno, Esteban, and Pachecho won medals for the country at age-grade meets.
Meanwhile, in the girl’s secondary, Navalta made the national team. Rosales, Calis, Schrijvers, Dolloso, De Oro, and Janario won medals for the country at age-grade meets.
Apart from Patrick Unso, none of the other Palaro Record Holders moved on to becoming SEA Games medalists.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE