NEW BLACK KAREN!! performances highlight of Team United Olongapo Invitational
18-year-old Karen Pelegria’s performances highlighted the 2022 United Olongapo Invitational event on June 18-19 in Olongapo City. Organized by Coach Mike Sionzon and his team.
The 18-year-old representing team Bocaue, clocked official times of 13.20 and 27.43 (hand times 12.8 and 27.2), faster than the winning times in the open division at this meet.
While Karen is more of a 200/400m runner. She didn’t participate in the 400 Meters on this occasion.
Pelegria is coached by Salano from Bulacan. And just graduated from Grade 12.
She last saw action in the 2019 Batang Pinoy Finals in Palawan where she took the silver medal behind Erica Ruto of Calamba, Laguna. Named New Black Karen, Karen Janario who holds the Philippine Junior Record in the 100 Hurdles for girls is also a Black-Filipino athlete.
As it was reported cell phone stopwatch times were used at the event. PinoyAthletics is screening the videos with Kinovea Timing Software. Particularly in the sprint timed events. Once this is done we will publish a set of audited Results.
- Karen Mae Pelegria 13.20 (12.8ht) Team Bocaue Athletics
- Rochelle Dizon 14.20 (13.7ht) Team Bocaue Athletics
- Janice Patdu 14.40 (14.0ht) City of San Fernando Pampanga
- Mary Joy Perez 14.60 (14.2ht) Team United Olongapo Athletics
- Justine Frondarina (14.7ht) Team United Olongapo Athletics *Not in Video
- Loren Payba 15.37 (15.0ht) City of Fernando Pampanga
- Leira Mendoza (15.1ht) City of San Fernando Pampanga *Not in Video
- Aimiel Magno 15.80 (15.2ht) Olongapo Junior Trackers
- Karen Mae Pelegria 27.43 (27.2ht) Team Bocaue Athletics
- Janice Patdu 29.63 (29.1ht) City of San Fernando Pampanga
- Rochell Dizon 30.18 (30.0ht) Team Bocaue Athletics
- Mary Joy Perez 30.34 (30.2ht) Team United Olongapo Athletics
*Video cuts out before other times can be captured
It was good to see a group that is independent of PATAFA organizing an event outside of Manila.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Andrew was elected Vice President of the Association of Track and Field Statisticians in 2020 after being a member for 7 years.
He has worked as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant from 2013-2015, Consultant, and Sprint Coach at Zamboanga Sports Academy from 2015-2017. And Currently is Consultant Coach with VMUF 2021-
Current editor and chief of Pinoyathletics.info, and has recently done consultancy work for Ayala Corp evaluating the Track and Field Program.
Coaches Sprints, Middle and Jump events he is Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
Currently working towards a Masters Degree in Education.
He can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information on Coaching here
Leave a Comment