National School Trials Athletics Iloilo RESULTS
**Coming Soon Evaluation of who has made the Standards for the 2022 ASEAN School Games
Shot Put Boys
1. Airex Gabriel Villanueva (R-6) – 14.76 meters
2. Nicko Atas ( R 4A) – 13.44m
3. Chino Balmores (NCR) – 12.78m
Long Jump girls
1. Krisleen Shane Santiago (R 4A) – 5.01m
2. Rosebele Balingit (wildcard- Agusan Del Norte ) – 4.97m
3. Elizabeth Sicat (R 5) 4.85m
High jump girls
1. Mariel Abuan ( wildcard- Zambales)- 1.60m
2. Dalnay, Nikki Anne ( wildcard-Palawan)- 1.40m
3. Belloso, Evita Ruth ( R4A) – 1.40m
1. Lheslie De Lima ( R5) – 11:15.94
2. Edna Magtubo ( R6) – 11:17.19
3. Juliana Sevilla (R8)- 11:24.13
1. Isaac Kindrelle Asuncion ( R8) -9:40.78
2. Aaron Gumban ( wildcard- Davao) – 9:45.94
3. Christian Canillo ( NCR) – 9:53.13
High jump boys
1. PJ Paloma ( R-6) 1.83m
2. Joshua Caocbay ( R-4A) 1.80m
3. Prince Philip Canja (R-4A) 1.77m
200 meters boys
1. Arjan Kevin Piomato (NCR) 23.0sec
2. John Dave Tumangan (R-4A) 23.10sec
3. Renier Jay Ranges ( wildcard-Pangasinan) 23.25
200 meters girls
1. Jamica Santiago (R-4A) 27.50sec
2. Leonilyn Compuesto (R-5) 27.87 sec
3. Shalthea Delotayo ( R-6) 28.38sec
110 hurdles boys
1. Jessie Rey Garcia (NCR) 14.88sec
2. Mico Villaran (R-6) 14.95sec
3. King Ruel Gamboa (NCR) 15.32sec
100 hurdles girls
1. Evita Ruth Belloso (R-4A) 16.94sec
2. Jade Polite Cordova (R-6) 17.19sec
3. Sofia Sia (R-4A) 17.41sec
With all due respect to the athletes, I think the DEPED should really reconsider its selection policies at this stage.
Take for example women’s 200m the winning time is 27.50.
In the 2022 SEA Games in the Women’s 200 Final the 4th placer from Thailand is born in 2005 and ran 24.07, the Vietnamese girl in that same race clocked 24.50 and is born in 2004. Within the eligible age ranges for the ASG.
So why the rush to let the top 1 or 2 be automatic when they are very far from the performance criteria. There are still 5 months to go before the event in Dumaguete. What if an athlete that didn’t participate here runs closer to the 25.72 5th place standard of the last ASG or someone who did runs faster than the person that won? Isn’t it better to look realistically at what the performances of the other countries are like first before finalizing a team?
Winning Performances vs 5th place at the 2019 ASG
event/ 5th place/winning time
200m 22.26 / 23.00
3000m 9:03.68 / 9:41
110H 14.43 / 14.88
High Jump 1.90m / 1.83m
Long Jump 6.83m / 6.57m
Shotput 15.57 /14.76
200m 25.72 / 27.50
3000m 11:48.37 / 11.15.94 & 11.17.19 (YES)
100H 15.08 / 16.94
HJ 1.63/ 1.60
Javelin 35.81 / 46.31 (YES)
National School Trials Athletics Iloilo Schedule
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Andrew was elected Vice President of the Association of Track and Field Statisticians in 2020 after being a member for 7 years.
He has worked as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant from 2013-2015, Consultant, and Sprint Coach at Zamboanga Sports Academy from 2015-2017.
Current editor and chief of Pinoyathletics.info, and has recently done consultancy work for Ayala Corp evaluating the Track and Field Program.
Coaches Sprints, Middle and Jump events he is working towards his Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
He can be contacted on
You can find more information on Coaching here