Times were recorded with Video Frame Software with Full View of Start and Finish taking into account reaction time.
If No Video or video with no clear view of start and finish was provided. We resorted to our backup hand times.
*NB Jayson Dajan was about 2 meters clear on Araneta and heard a whistle which he assumed indicated a false start so eased up. 19-year-old Araneta who dead-heated with National athlete Janry Ubas at Pinoyathletics SprinTopia in Cagayan De Oro went on to win the race.
Pinoyathletics Mindanao Track League Leg at Butuan Event Kicks off on December 4 Despite Heavy Rain
As heavy rain pours down the night before the meet. The event pushes through, although there may be delays to the schedule which may force events to be moved forward at the official’s discretion.
The Mens 100 Meter should be an exciting one to watch. With Former UAAP Bronze Medalist William Galceran, 25 representing the Villanueva Team and also their Team Captain. Galceran holds a personal best of 10.96, and these days is a full-time teacher and assistant coach but now returns to his beloved Sprint Events.
Perhaps a big challenge to Christian Evanoso who took 2nd and 3rd in the last two legs of the Mindanao Track League held in Butuan in April and June. Jayson Dajan of Villanueva and promising junior John Araneta who dead-heated with national athlete Janry Ubas at Pinoyathletics SprinTopia also will challenge for medals.
Jerome Sarinas who won the first two events the second in a scorching 10.93 the 4th fastest time in the Philippines Ranking Lists for 2021 opted not to join due to work. The Men will line up in an A and B Timed Final with the top 3 times getting the medals. There is also a fully booked 8 lane lineup in the Youth Final.
Also very exciting in the Mens 400m will be UAAP 4th placer 2018 Jestony Magarzo, 24 another FEU athlete representing Sto. Tomas National High School Track Team in the Mens 400m. Magarzo the fastest man in the field with a PB of 49.15 is up against Christian Evanoso who has run 49.8.
Highlighting the Mens 800 is Elbren Neri the 2016 ASEAN University Games Champion representing Tangub City. Neri holds a Personal best of 1:52.16. Neri will get a tuneup here with Benjie Duhac (1:58) (Pinoyathletics) and Jumell Gonzales (1:59) (Sto. Tomas Davao).
Then in the 1500m and 5000m, Dhem Monton (Sarangani) and Onyamerkl Espinosa (Tangub City) do battle along with Benjie Duhac.
The Womens 100m highlighted by the 18-year-old Lianne Diana Pama the Palaro Silver Medalist representing Villanueva Team. Pama who has a PB of 12.10, will lineup against her former UST teammate Joanna Mae Lacay and Villanueva team mate Aiko Ranara. While Lacay and Ranara will do battle in the 200 meters.
The Womens 800,1500, 3000, and Long Jump each only have 3 entries so each is assured a medal.
The One Day event wraps up with the Mixed 4×100 Relays with teams from Villanueva, Tandag City, and Malaybalay Going head to head.
Delegations from Butuan City, Tandag City, Tangub City, Cagayan De Oro, Surigao City, Cabadarban City, Sto Tomas Davao HS Del Norte, Sarangani, Malaybalay City Bukidnon, Villauneva, Loreto, Medina, Sileanians and Buenvaista have joined the meet.
The event has the largest number of participants since the Pandemic started with 60-70 athletes. Which exceeds SprinTopia, and both leg of Butuan meets. And serves as a prelude to the Ayala Philippines Athletics Championships in Baguio December 16-17. In which a lot of athletes joining this event will be doubling up in a few weeks.
Dennis Scott, Meet Director
- Michael Mordeno, Starter
- William Christian Lumindas, Finish Line, Video
- Sheila Maza, Long Jump
- Joery Arsolon, Long Jump assistant
- Joshua Rimando, Timer
- Carol Sotto, Finish Line, Lap Counter
- JC Gamolo, Finish Line, Lap Counter
- Eugene Demetri, Finish Line, Lap Counter
- Chen Lago, asst Starter (leads athletes to starting line and lane assignments)
Pinoyathletics Mindanao Track League Leg – Butuan City (December 4)
We are announcing Pinoyathletics 14th and final meet for 2020-2021 and welcoming the Athletes of Mindanao. To the continuation of the Mindanao Track League.
What – Pinoyathletics Mindanao Track League Leg
When – December 4
Where – Poly Sports, Butuan City
Who – Mindanao Athletes in compliance with LGU and COVID Regulations.
- Serve as qualifying to local athletes for Batang Pinoy and National Games.
- Motivate athletes and coaches.
- Inspire the Athletic Community
How – A self-sustaining event.
*Please read the information below, and email completed forms to Pinoyathletics@gmail.com
- Entry 150 PHP Per Athlete via GCASH; No Cash Payments accepted.
- All payments must be in no later than November 21
- We will only issue invitation letters once we receive the registration fee
- Payments to be made via GCASH
- Entry Fee is to cover meet fees including but not limited to Paying Officials, Medals, other meet costs
- After the meet, we will provide a financial summary of expenditure.
- If the event is canceled we will provide a full refund of entry fees.
REQUIREMENTS AND LETTERS TO LGU (OUTSIDE OF CARAGA)
- To join the event either
- 2 Vaccinations are required
- 1 Vaccination and Antigen Test (At athletes own expense)
- Pinoyathletics on request can provide invitation letters to LGU’s
- Athletes will be responsible for all costs related to their teams. Included but not limited to
- 150 PHP ENTRY FEE
- Travel to the event
- Food and Meals
- Accommodation arrangements if staying overnight
It is the responsibility of the Athletes to obtain reimbursements from their LGU. We will provide receipts or invitation letters to help assist with this.
- FOR EVERY 5 ATHLETES ENTERED IN THE MEET AND WILL HIRE 1 TECHNICAL OFFICIAL.
- Each official listed will be remunerated 500PHP total for days of work
- 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M, 3000M WOMEN, 5000M MEN, MIXED RELAY 4X100. LONG JUMP
- The Track Oval at Butuan is oversized and measures 423m around in lane two; markings have been placed
- Medals will be awarded to
- The Overall Top 3 in Each Event
- The Top 3 Juniors (born Jan 1, 2002, and after in each event) if there is 3 or more
- The Top 3 Youths (born Jan 1, 2004, and after in each event) if there is 3 or more
- Any Masters Athletes that finish Top 3 (regardless of numbers entered in the event)
- E-Certificates will be awarded to Athletes who participate
- E-Certificates will be awarded to coaches and officials on request (please email email@example.com)
- MASIV SPORT will be giving prize singlets with free LGU Branch pickup delivery to the winners of each event.
- We are also seeking sponsorship to give an incentive to Anyone who breaks a SEA Games Qualification Standard at this event.
LIST OF ATHLETES/TEAMS (SEE SPREADSHEET)
DRAFT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS BASED ON ENTRIES (DECEMBER 4) (WILL BE CHANGED BASED ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES BUT REMAINS AS 1 DAY EVENT)
- LONG JUMP (SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH 5000, 3000, 100, 800) 6:00AM
- 5000M MENS ONLY 6:00 AM
- 3000M WOMENS ONLY 6:30 AM
- 100M 7:00AM
- 800M 7:30 AM
- 200M 8:00AM
- 1500M 8:30 AM
- MIXED RELAYS 4X100 9:30 AM
- 400M 10:00AM
- NO HEATS AND FINALS EVENTS SEEDED BY AGE AND TIMES
- TOP 3 WILL RECEIVE MEDALS/ MINIMAL 3 IN AGE GROUP TO AWARD MEDALS.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Andrew was elected Vice President of the Association of Track and Field Statisticians in 2020 after being a member for 7 years.
He has worked as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant from 2013-2015, Consultant, and Sprint Coach at Zamboanga Sports Academy from 2015-2017.
Current editor and chief of Pinoyathletics.info, and has recently done consultancy work for Ayala Corp evaluating the Track and Field Program.
Coaches Sprints, Middle and Jump events he is working towards his Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
He can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information on Coaching here