Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Andrew Pirie
Coach Philippines Website
Pinoyathletics Coach Philippines Website Directory of Coaches
- Airnel Abarra (Sprints) (Head Coach of Ateneo De Davao) Currently doing Ph.D. in Hungary
- Andrew Pirie (Sprints) Level 2 Athletics Australia (Sydney) (Former coach of Zamboanga Del Sur Sports Academy has also had good results in Middle Distance.
- Beney Andresio (Sprints) (Coach of Miriam College)
- Davian Clarke (Sprints) El Paso, Texas, United States (Coached Eric Cray, Multiple Olympic Finalist Men’s 400m for Jamaica)
- Eduardo Buenavista (Long Distance) Manila (National Coach)
- Edward Lasquete (Pole Vault) San Jose (Coached Alyana Nicolas)
- Ernie Candelario (Sprints) Manila (coach of Adamson, Philspada, Airforce)
- Fernando Dagasgas (Middle Distance) Cavite (coach of NU, Dasmarinas City) coached Multiple Palaro Champions
- Ilde Banzon (Sprints) Cebu (the University of Cebu coached several Palaro Champions)
- Jec Gando (All events) (currently based in Ilocos/Cagayan (former coach of San Sebastian and Jomar Udtohan)
- Jolo Rivera (Sprints) Manila (former coach UP, coached Jeremiah Malonzo UAAP Champion)
- Jon Gilmer (Sprints) Los Angeles (Academy of Speed coached Kayla and Kyla Richardson)
- Joseph Sy (Sprints/Jumps/Hurdles) Manila (former national head coach worked with Dagmil, Marestella, etc.. currently the coach of CSB, Globe, and Sakya
- Mario Castro (Long Distance) Baguio (Former National coach, coached Multiple Champions at SEA Games level)
- Mark Reyes (Sprints/Hurdles) (coached Jaime Mejia, former UP Coach)
- Miguel Arca (All events) Bacolod (coached Multiple Palaro Champions)
- Nixon Mas (Throwing) Manila (Former National Coach, Philspada)
- Noel Diel (All events) Iloilo (Coach of Western Institute of Technology)
- Rosie Villarito (Javelin) Pasig, Ultra (coach of Brent, Laguna, and DLSU Green Hills)
- Saturnino Salazar (Walks) Pasig, Ultra (Mainly working with kids, the best walks coach in the Philippines)
- Teddy Valdez (Throws) (Dasmarinas City) (coached Multiple Palaro Champions)
- Yourke Tamayo
- Allan Vega
- Dennis Scott
Coaches Mandate of Pinoyathletics.info
Andrew Pirie & Airnel ‘The Professor’ Talatala Abarra
Pinoyathletics has decided to host a directory and network of Reliable Coach Philippines in Track and Field.
To strengthen the Athletics culture in the Philippines, we believe that grassroots level coaches should always update and exchange their views and ideas.
On the latest innovations in training and coaching their athletes.
This is to assist athletes without a coach in finding a reliable program and coaches a potential mentor if need be.
There is really a systematic level of coaches’ development system in other countries, which is publicly posted on their federation’s website.
Since the call for coaching level from PATAFA is very limited, we are not going off coaches’ level of qualifications in terms of IAAF and other seminars.
The network will consist of coaches keen on records safekeeping, open-mindedness, and constant communication within the PinoyAthletics Community.
That’s why we are keen on building coaches who would like to be included in our directory can email a list of athletes they have worked with and levels of improvement to [email protected].
Also, we will launch a Social Media Group which will serve as an online network for all Athletics coaches in the Philippines who wants to collaborate in establishing their training programs.
Pinoyathletics has a very comprehensive database of results online and offline, which we will be using to counter-check the data submitted to us.
This ensures the athlete’s performance and provides records for the coaches if their programs are working well.
Hope to hear from all of you soon.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
“In 2020, Andrew advanced to the position of Vice President with the Association of Track and Field Statisticians, having devoted seven years as an active member. His impressive track record includes roles such as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant (2013-2015) and a distinguished stint as a Sprint Coach and Consultant at the renowned Zamboanga Sports Academy (2015-2017). Today, he offers his expertise as a Consultant Coach with VMUF, starting from 2021.
A recognized voice in the sports community, Andrew is the Chief Editor of Pinoyathletics.info. Additionally, his consultancy contributions to Ayala Corp in evaluating their Track and Field Program underline his deep domain knowledge.
Proficient in coaching sprints, middle-distance races, and jump events, Andrew boasts a Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification, specializing in Sprints and Hurdles. He is also on a progressive journey towards obtaining a Masters Degree in Education.