2024 ASEAN University Games Athletics Fair Selection
Since FESSAP has taken over as the selector of the 2024 ASEAN School Games there has been far greater transparency. Unlike when Ateneo was in charge of the event seemingly only UAAP Colleges were included and all other leagues seemed to not get a chance to join.
The 2024 ASEAN University Games will be held in July at Palembang, Indonesia. The same city that hosted the 2011 SEA Games. This provides athletes with a brilliant stepping stone to the 2025 SEA Games. Ernest Obiena and Evalyn Palabrica who were previous champions went on to become SEA Games medalists shortly after.
The competition is exclusive for athletes enrolled at Universities in Southeast Asia only (Fil-Heritage athletes are not eligible if they are studying outside the Philippines). The Team Manager for the Athletics event is former PATAFA head coach Joseph Sy.
Based on the selection the following criteria observed
- Qualifying Period all events with official results January 1 – December 22, 2023. UAAP and PNG were the last qualifying meet.
- The athlete must be enrolled at a University in the Philippines (any league not just UAAP)
- The athlete must be born in 1999 or afterwards
- Maximum of 2 athletes per event
- The best 2 athletes that can afford to go and pay a security deposit (amount to be decided) by FESSAP before the deadline will be selected.
Share this Article
Like our Facebook Page