Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Andrew Pirie
The 2021 Asian Athletics Championships in China have been canceled.
This goes with the 2021 Asian Athletics Indoor and Martial art Games being postponed to next year and the Asian Beach Games being postponed to next year. As well as that, the Asian Race Walking Championships have also been canceled.
It brings into question the likelihood of the 2021 Olympics pushing through or taking place with no live audiences.
What about the 2021 SEA Games? will it take place in fewer countries?
Will, the Philippines National Open, push through at the end of March? or will it be postponed to later in the year?
Are Virtual Meets the ‘WAY OF THE FUTURE’
Are we safe to meet for the first half of 2021 in the Philippines?
When and will PATAFA’s proposed training bubble happen if it will happen at all?
Has the centralized system of the UAAP Collapsed, failing to cope with THE NEW NORMAL!
At the meeting, the following decisions were made;
1. Council confirmed the Minutes of the 94th Meeting of the Council held on 28th May 2020 via Zoom.
The council received a report on future events:
- 18th Asian Marathon Championships, 24 January 2021, Buriram, Thailand – POSTPONED to 18 July 2021at Pattaya.
- 4th Asian Youth (U18) Athletics Championships, 1-4 March 2021, Kuwait City, Kuwait – POSTPONED to October 2021, dates will be known later.
- Asian Race-Walking Championships, 21 March 2021, Nomi, Japan. – CANCELLED
- Asian Relays, 27-28 March 2021, Songkhla, Thailand – POSTPONED, will be known later.
- 24th Asian Athletics Championships 20-23 May 2021, Hangzhou, China – CANCELLED
Andrew was elected Vice President of the Association of Track and Field Statisticians in 2020 after being a member for 7 years.
He has worked as a PSC Consultant and Research Assistant from 2013-2015, Consultant, and Sprint Coach at Zamboanga Sports Academy from 2015-2017. And Currently is Consultant Coach with VMUF 2021-
Current editor and chief of Pinoyathletics.info, and has recently done consultancy work for Ayala Corp evaluating the Track and Field Program.
Coaches Sprints, Middle and Jump events he is Level 3 Athletics Australia Coaching Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
Currently working towards a Masters Degree in Education.
He can be contacted on [email protected]
You can find more information on Coaching here