100 Meter Dash Mens
100 Meter Mens Olympic Qualifying Update
Proof Edited by Doctor Vic Salas
The Olympic Qualifying Period was
- 1 May 2019 to 5 April 2020
- 1 December 2020 to 29 June 2021
Below is a list of who has made the standard so far in 100 Meter Dash Mens:
The Men’s 100 Meter qualifying is wide open, with 31 athletes qualified.
56 Slots would mean seven full heats of eight, then Semi-Finals and Finals.
That still leaves 25 slots wide-open, possibly for bonus slots for athletes who run slower than 10.05
If we add in Athletes who have gone faster than 10 seconds with wind assistance Browning (Australia), Mena (Cuba), Santos (Brazil), and Slowikowski (Poland), if tHey can hit legit qualifying times in 2021 10.05 or below, then that would bring the qualifiers to 35 of 56.
Add on Simon Magawke of South Africa, who ran 10.05 outside the qualifying period, which would bring it to 36 of 56.
The Breakdown is as follows.
- The United States and Jamaica have more than 3 athletes past the qualifying mark; however, they will have National Trials to determine which 3 will be sent.
- Besides Great Britain, Japan, and Nigeria also have 3 qualifiers.
- Canada and China have 2 qualifiers.
Ran after than 11.15 Outside Qualifying Period
- Michael Norman (USA) 9.86
- Trayvon Bromell (USA) 9.90
- Ronnie Baker (USA) 10.00
- Julian Forte (JAM) 10.03
- Rai Benjamin (USA) 10.03
- Aska Cambridge (JPN) 10.03
- Andrew Ewers (JAM) 10.04
- Kyree King (USA) 10.04
- Simon Magkawke (RSA) 10.05
Has run a wind-aided time faster than 10.05
- Trayvon Bromell (USA) 9.87 +2.5 (also outside qualifying period)
- Julian Forte (JAM) 9.96 +2.1 (also outside qualifying period)
- Rowan Browning (AUS) 9.96 + 3.3
- Matthew Boling (USA) 9.97 +4.2
- Reynier Mena (CUB) 10.02 +4.0
- Cameron Burrell (USA) 10.02 +2.5
- Bryand Rincher (USA) 10.02 +2.4
- Kenneth Bednarek (USA) 10.02 +2.5 (also outside qualifying period)
- Andrew Robertson (GBR) 10.03 +5.6 (also outside qualifying period)
- Felipe Bardi Dos Santos (BRA) 10.03 +2.8 (also outside qualifying period)
- Przemyslaw Slowikowski (POL) 10.05 +3.6 (also outside qualifying period)
Athletes Qualified for Jamaica
- Yohan Blake 9.96
- Tyquendo Tracey 10.00
- Waseem Williams 10.01
- Asafa Powell 10.02
Athletes Qualified for the USA
- Christian Coleman 9.76
- Noah Lyles 9.86
- Justin Gatlin 9.87
- Cravon Gillespie 9.97
- Isiah Young 9.99
- Michael Rodgers 10.00
- Devin Quinn 10.01
- Rodney Rowe 10.05
- Davon Demoss 10.05
- Christopher Belcher 10.05